Here’s the recipe for my Ham and Cheese Quiches, but in the bite sized version that I shared with my friends on The Chew! They are SO good!
- 2 store-bought pie crusts
- 1/2 pound bacon (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 pound ham (sliced)
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese (sliced)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin by spraying lightly with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet. Using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles of pie dough to line each muffin tin. Place in the oven to bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, preheat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and sauté until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside. Add the butter to the same pan. Once the butter has melted, add the onion, season with salt and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
4. Divide the cooked bacon and onions into the bottom of each par-cooked crust. Then, tear the ham and cheese pieces to fit inside the muffin tins. Layer the ham and cheese on top of the onions and bacon, ending with a layer of Swiss cheese.
5. Whisk the eggs, cream, dried mustard and a pinch of salt together until well combined. Divide the mixture between the 12 cups. Sprinkle a little nutmeg on top of every mini quiche.
6. Place in the oven to bake until the center of the quiches are set (about 20 minutes).
7. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.