- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 medium onion, peeled
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the oats and milk. Thinly slice 1/4 of the onion and set aside.
3. Finely chop the remaining onion. In a large bowl combine the turkey, oat mixture, chopped onion, bell pepper, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt and a few grinds of pepper. Mix just until well combined.
4. Transfer the mixture to a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and shape into a loaf about 5 inches wide and 2 1/2 inches high. Pour the tomato sauce over the meatloaf and sprinkle with the sliced onions.
5. Bake for about 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees.F
6. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 to15 minutes before slicing.